Summer Schools for Post-Docs
We organize Summer Schools for Leibniz post-docs to take place every two years, alternating with our Synthesis Workshops. Leading senior researchers from Leibniz institutions and other science organisations offer insights on theoretical and methodological issues in sustainability research, including especially transdisciplinary approaches. This format for intensive exchange aims to support training and improved interconnectivity between researchers and topics.
Summer School 2022 “Generating impact in complex natural resource contexts: co-design and development of transdisciplinary research projects”
24 October – 1 November 2022, online
This 1.5 week summer school will be all about collaboration and co-designing. A focus will be on tropical coastal settings as examples of urgent sustainability challenges and complex social-ecological systems.
A central lecture takes place daily from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. CET, which is to be attended by all participants. In the further course of the day, practical individual and group work gives you opportunity to network with your program fellows while following up on class work and developing the transdisciplinary component of an existing or future project. Find the full agenda here.
- You develop and implement a transdisciplinary research project and plan which will increase societal impact.
- 7 days full of exchange with leading international academics, practitioners and experts in knowledge transfer and communication at the science/policy interface.
- Intense program of transdisciplinary backgrounds, concepts, and methods.
- Learn about different models of impact pathways, developing a theory-of-change and how to tackle inequality.
- Train your transferable skills about communicating science to various actors and audiences.
- Meet other international early-career scientists and continue building up your network.
Leibniz Centre for Tropical Marine Research
Rebecca Lahl (email@example.com)
Dr. Sebastian Ferse (firstname.lastname@example.org)